Workshops & Conferences
The MOIG regional workshops and conferences usually held every year and offers to attendees a special learning and networking opportunities as technical papers are presented from governments, oil and gas industry and International organizations.
The main objectives of these workshop and conferences are to reinforce and develop Sub-Regional contingency plans, to enhance National and Regional coordination capacity, to share information on lessons learned and best practices of the previous exercises, to stay abreast of the newest technologies and benefit from Responders and Manufacturers technical expertise and to enhance communication and expert networking.
Workshops and conferences sessions include multiple opportunities that can help prepare attendees to successfully manage emergencies. Dedicated sessions generally include:
- Tiered response, Internationally recognized system to effectively manage Tier 1 – Tier 2 and Tier 3 Incidents
- Oil Spill Contingency Planning and legislation
- Risk assessments, oil spill modeling, resources, actions and data management
- Oil spill preparedness, capability and integrated response
- Exercise design and execution from table top exercises to full scale drills
- Incident Management and sharing any lessons learned in incidents
- Networking Industry and Government decision makers present, integration at all levels
- Latest technology, opportunity to engage with the responders on response systems and the manufacturers on latest response equipment types
- Regional and National exercises including lessons learned
Below is a selection of Regional Workshops that we have organized in the six past years:
- MEDEXPOL 2013 : Regional Response Capacity and Coordination to Major Oil Spill incidents in the Mediterranean Sea in cooperation with REMPEC, 10-12 December 2013, Athens-Greece;
- Oil Spill Preparedness and Response Partners in cooperation with IEMS Cyprus and LTC, 10-12 December 2013, Nicosia-Cyprus;
- National and Regional Oil Spill Response Capability and Cooperation, in cooperation with NRC and BIL, 17–18 November 2015, Adana-Turkey;
- Tier 2 Oil Spill Response and Coordination, 12 July 2018, Tunis-Tunisia;
- Building an Effective National and Regional Preparedness and Response Capacity in cooperation with TPAO and MEKE Marine, 06-08 November 2018, Istanbul-Turkey.