Dear Members and Technical Partners,
The Mediterranean Oil Industry Group (MOIG), the Center of Documentation, Research and Experimentation on Accidental Water Pollution (Cedre) and the Regional Marine Pollution Emergency Response Centre for the Mediterranean Sea (REMPEC) are very pleased to invite you to the Regional Workshop on “Oil Spill Waste Management”; which will be held on 16-17 June 2021 at Iberostar Averroes Hotel in South Hammamet-Tunisia.
The event will be open on Wednesday, 16 June 2021 at 08:30 am and expected to close on Thursday, 17 June 2021 at 17:00 pm. It will be animated by Mr. Arnaud Guéna, Deputy Director and Production Manager from Cedre and Mr. Malek Smaoui, Programmer Officer (OPRC 90) from REMPEC.
The main objectives of this workshop will be:
- To know the use the available tools in REMPEC on oil spill waste management;
- To be informed on the National and Regional context related to waste management following the conclusions and recommendations of the last workshop held in Tunis;
- To learn about waste management methods;
- To understand the logistic chain of waste management to implement in the event of pollution;
- To get an idea about the cost of waste disposal for the various treatment options;
- To practice the implementation of waste management plan through practical works.
The workshop agenda is attached here with for your reference. The working languages will be French and English.
In order to enable MOIG to have all logistic arrangements made on time, it would be appreciated; if you could have the attached Registration Form; completed and returned by Mail at: email@example.com or by Fax at: +216 71 888 439; at your earliest convenience; preferably before 31 May 2021.
We would like to bring your kind attention that MOIG and Iberostar Averroes Hotel will put in place the necessary preventive measures namely the respect of distancing, the port of masks and the use of hydro-alcoholic gel in the conference room, in order to ensure the maximum safety of participants.
Whilst looking forward to your response and to meeting you or your representative in this workshop, please do not hesitate to contact MOIG secretariat for any further information.