The Mediterranean Oil Industry Group (MOIG), the Center of Documentation, Research and Experimentation on Accidental Water Pollution (Cedre) and the Regional Marine Pollution Emergency Response Centre for the Mediterranean Sea (REMPEC) are very pleased to invite you to the Regional Workshop on “Oil Spill Waste Management”; which will be held on 01-02 April 2020 at Paris Concorde Hotel, Rue du Lac Turkana, les Berges du Lac, Tunis-Tunisia.
The event will be open on Wednesday, 01th April 2020 at 08: 30 am and expected to close on Thursday, 02th April 2020 at 17: 00 pm. The workshop will be animated by M. Arnaud Guéna, Deputy Director and Head of POSOW project from Cedre and M. Malek Smaoui, Programmer Officer (OPRC 90) from REMPEC.
The main objectives of this workshop will be:
- To know the use the available tools in REMPEC on oil spill waste management;
- To be informed on the National and Regional context related to waste management following the conclusions and recommendations of the last workshop held in May 2012 in Tunis-Tunisia;
- To learn about waste management methods;
- To understand the logistic chain of waste management to implement in the event of pollution;
- To get an idea about the cost of waste disposal for the various treatment options;
- To practice the implementation of waste management plan through practical works.
The attached Agenda involves courses on regulation and all steps related to oil spill waste management, desktops and presentations of concrete cases. The working languages will be French and English.
In order to enable MOIG to have all logistic arrangements made on time, it would be appreciated; if you could have the attached Registration Form; completed and returned by Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax at: +216 71 888 439 at your earliest convenience; preferably before 06th March 2020.
We would like to bring to your kind attention that participation in the workshop could not be guaranteed for nominations received after the abovementioned deadline.
Looking forward to seeing you at this important event.